Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Checking In

Just a quick update from all the latest travels. So yesterday I had an initial meeting with a certain ex-Giro d'Italia winner who will be working with us next year. I first met him a couple of years ago in Namur just prior to one of the Belgian classics. He's a super nice guy, very motivated to get back to racing, and very satisfied with the bikes we've set him up with to date. Who is it? Stay tuned... gotta keep some suspense, right?

Anyway - after a late dinner and driving around Milan looking for a hotel to drop the boss-man off, I decided to drive home... starting at about 1:00 am. Not sure why, but if I'm under 4 hours from home and it's late and I've got nothing better to do, I'll drive home. I'd rather get home to the wife and dogs and my own bed than pay $150 for a quick night's sleep in a stinky Italian hotel. Hey, five stars or two... the only difference is usually in the price!

It must be the eight years of driving as a rep in the midwest. Upwards of 70,000 miles a year, mostly late at night, got me in shape to do stupid driving sessions in Europe as well! Long story short (if that's still possible), I got home at 5:00 this morning!

Friday, it's off to the states for a meeting, a couple of crits and some Liquigas US-racing. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment