Friday, February 11, 2011

Hugo Koblet DVD, Out Now!

The Hugo Koblet - Pédaleur de Charme DVD came out recently here in Switzerland. Amazon.de has it as well. They can ship to Switzerland I know, but I'm not sure to what other European countries they will ship. It's a region 2 (Europe) disc with subtitles in German, Italian, French and... English!

It's so much better with the subtitles! My Swiss German is absolutely zero, but that didn't stop me from seeing it in the theater on opening night. It's a great film about a great Swiss champion.

One thing stood out to me upon my second viewing. The oft-seen scene that's shown below when he first sees Waltraut Haas has a great gaffe for the vintage crowd, as Hugo and his teammate are wearing cycling caps with Rapha logos on them! They're white-on-white stitched, but eagle-eyed viewers will clearly see them.

I highly suggest finding this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment