Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Talked to the Shark Today

I usually like to wait a day or two to bother a recently-crowned champion after a big win. If I'm not at the finish, I'll try to pass on my congratulations to the manager, DS or whoever I can find, knowing the madness that ensues right after a Grand Tour for the winner. So I finally got through to Vincenzo, who is already in Melbourne for next weekend's world championships. He had heard that everyone at Cannondale had been following his exploits and thanked me for our best wishes and congratulations. This was a big one for Cannondale... our first Vuelta! But it's a HUGE one for the Niblet (as one of our product guys has christened him).

Congrats, Vincenzo... here's hoping that this is just the first of many!

No comments:

Post a Comment