Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lunch With Tullio

I was recently in Italy during a state holiday and found THE old bike museum to waste some time at. More on that soon. BUT, being a holiday, I also had a hard time finding some grub for lunch. Driving past a sign for Passo Croce d'Aune proved to be an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

The climb itself isn't too high or steep. At the top is a great little restaurant with great local fare. My quiet table in the back room was eventually overrun by thirty kids from a ski school, but oh well... iPod engaged.

Outside and across the street is the Tullio Campagnolo monument. You see, this is the pass on which Tullio flatted and had trouble opening the wing nuts to take his wheel off. The ensuing idea gave birth to the quick release rear derailleur (and eventually to the Cambio Corsa shifter, my new shifter of choice).




No comments:

Post a Comment